- For every Microsoft application, there is a better quality free one that will not bloat your computer/spy on you/annoy you with poorly animated paper clips. This site lists 27 of them with reviews.
- Five simple electronic hacks: make noise cancelling headphones for $20, build your own USB powered cell phone charger, boost your car remote key signal by 50+ feet, make your video camera waterproof for $10, and get your PC to boot up faster. All are cheap and relatively simple to do. Ladies and gentlemen, warm up your soldering guns.
- Stateris-UK. You remember Tetris? This is the same idea, but with British counties. Great fun! The first time I played, I finished in six minutes. What's your time? For geography nerds, this stuff is great! The original US Stateris is here. Also check out the versions for Africa and Europe.
- On a similar theme, this is an online game where you name as many US Presidents as possible. There are also similar games for naming Shakespeare's plays, US States, US State Capitols, African Nations, and European Nations. You really don't want to know how long I've spent playing these over the past few months. That's right... months.
- Not everyone enjoys online educational games though. Take Sherri Shepherd, conservative co-host of the tv show The View. After stating she did not believe in evolution at all, Whoopi Goldberg asked her if she thought the world was round or flat. She said she "never really thought about it." She said she was more concerned with putting food on the table for her family than wondering about stuff like that. Ummm... wow. 1) Rudimentary knowledge and providing for your family are not mutually exclusive. They actually go well together. 2) She is an actress and tv show host for ABC - I'm sure providing food for her family has been a big struggle. 3) How in the world do you get to the age of 40 and not know whether the world is round or flat!?! HOW?! 4) Why does this woman host a tv show?? When Barbara Walters asked her what she would say when her child asks her if the world is round, Shepherd responds, "Baby, we've got to go to a library."Details here, video below.
Cringe. The Stoopid, it burns! The goggles, they do nothing!