Thursday, 9 August 2007

Thursday TED: II

I have been so impressed with the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) presentations, I've decided to share one of the best ones every week. The premise of TED is that each presentation is by an outstanding individual whose ideas are considered profound enough that they are likely to change how the entire world thinks and behaves. Last week we took a look at the amazing Trendalyzer software by statistician-humanitarian Hans Rosling. Check it out if you missed it - it's powerful stuff.

This week we'll take a look at a new software program called Photosynth. This is not just a killer app, it is a whole new paradigm of how we think of computer graphics. You just have to watch it - trust me, your jaw will drop. I recommend you click the button on the lower right side of the video player to maximize the video.







The best part is that before too long Photosynth will be freely available on the web. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Microsoft may be doing something right for a change.

No comments: